Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology IAMM  | About us |  Subscription |  e-Alerts  | Feedback |  Login   
  Print this page Email this page   Small font sizeDefault font sizeIncrease font size
 Home | Ahead of Print | Current Issue | Archives | Search | Instructions  
Users Online: 794 Official Publication of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists 
 ~   Next article
 ~   Previous article
 ~   Table of Contents

 ~   Similar in PUBMED
 ~  Search Pubmed for
 ~  Search in Google Scholar for
 ~   Citation Manager
 ~   Access Statistics
 ~   Reader Comments
 ~   Email Alert *
 ~   Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed498    
    Printed38    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded11    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal

 

 
Year : 1991  |  Volume : 9  |  Issue : 4  |  Page : 173-178

Bacteriophage Typing And Antibiotic Sensitivity Pattern Of Staphylococcus Aureus From Clinical Samples



Correspondence Address:
S. D Bhat


Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


Rights and PermissionsRights and Permissions

One hundred and thirteen strains of Staphylococcus aureus (Staph aureus) isolated from various clinical specimens were subjected for bacteriophage typing. 35(31%) strains were typable. Among the typable strains, 9(7.96%) belonged to phage group I and group III each, 8(7.07%) belonged to phage group II, 6(5.3%) strains belonged to the phages which have not been allocated to any group (Miscellaneous group). 78(69%) strains were untypable. All the strains were tested for antibiotic susceptibility pattern. Only 8(7.07%) strains were sensitive to all the drugs tested. 24(21.23%) strains were found to be resistant to methicillin, gentamicin and all other drugs tested. These 24(21.23%) strains represent the GMRSA (Gentamicin, Methicillin Resistant Staphylocooccus Aureus) strains in our study. 22(91.6%) GMRSA strains were untypable by phage typing while remaining 2(8.4%) GMRSA strains were lysed by phage 81 only.






[PDF Not available]*


        
Print this article     Email this article

2004 - Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology
Published by Wolters Kluwer - Medknow

Online since April 2001, new site since 1st August '04